The College aims to become a center of technology novelties, an innovative institution in teaching and offering new market oriented study programs, an important center and a national and regional reference point for the collaboration and promotion of the higher professional education and civic values as well. The higher professional education has an interdisciplinary nature. Therefore, it will act as a promoter of the challenges to the researchers.
KPT aims to be part of the collaboration networks and projects with other Higher Education Institutions in EU, OECD, and to actively contribute in establishing relations and collaborations with other HEI-s of the Southern Eastern Europe region.
KPT seeks to organize and provide trainings jointly with other HEI-s.
It aims to be part of different European projects of professional higher education that target academic staff development, mobility projects for staff and students, application of European standards of quality assurance, the organization of different events, the equipment of the academic teaching facilities and labs with the latest technology and their maximization not only as didactic teaching tools but as incubators of the projects of the future, best practice sharing etc.
KPT encourages knowledge and best practice sharing culture and supports staff and students’ mobility in counterpart institutions, universities and other sectors of business, government etc.
In the frame of the Internationalization and the establishment and development of partnership networks in accordance with its Development Strategy 2015 – 2020:
- KPT has in place its Internationalization Strategy
- KPT has established the IT and Projects Office that aims to create, develop and apply for international projects, strategic partnerships, grants applications etc. by making good use of the advantages of the latest tech developments.
- KPT has equipped its labs and workshops with equipment that represent the latest modern technology and brand names, (such as Polytech), and continually improves and enriches them;
- KPT has signed collaboration agreements with the University of Thessaly, and 3 national HEI-s;
- It is an active member of COORP etc.
- It has signed a collaboration agreement with “Dekra Akademie Kft” under which agreement KPT will provide training to cyber security specialists in the frame of the expert migration from the Republic of Albania toward employers in the Federal Republic of Germany;
INTERNATIONALIZATION STRATEGY OF KPT
The Professional College of Tirana has adopted its Development Strategy 2015 – 2020, which Strategy based on its vision, mission, the priorities and objectives, will lead KPT toward new challenges the labor market provides for, and will ensure a successful path for our students.
In the frame of this Strategy, and based on its Vision and Mission, KPT aims:
- To be a leader in the provision of the professional education by giving its contribution in the economic development of the country, creating skilled professionals to serve to our society and economy;
- To be a connecting bridge between the academic education and professional training and by facilitating the integration of the students in the labor market;
- To be a center whereas the young professionals of the country will meet and find the latest innovations that are part of the study programs KPT offers;
Priorities and objectives for the international collaboration and cooperation 2015 – 2020 are as follows:
- To transform KPT into a center of technology novelties, an innovative institution in teaching and offering new market oriented study programs, an important center and a national and regional reference point for the collaboration and promotion of the higher professional education and civic values as well. The higher professional education has an interdisciplinary nature. Therefore, it will act as a promoter of the challenges to the researchers.
- To establish close collaboration relations with alike/ counterpart institutions in the region and beyond; to enable national and international training for the staff and exchange of the best practices; to promote the development of common projects with counterpart institutions and /or entrepreneurship in the country and abroad.
- To participate in different international events, networks and NGO-s of common interests by making use of the best practices and presenting them to the interested stakeholders;
- To participate in collaboration networks and projects with higher education bodies and institutions in EU, OECD, and especially with the HEI-s of the region of Southern Eastern Europe, as well as in Kosova, Macedonia etc.
- To promote the participation of youth in the society; to promote and raise their awareness with regard to the innovations, environment etc.; to promote innovations, creativity, entrepreneurship and use of new technologies;
- Inclusion in as many development academic and professional projects in the frame of European higher education projects for the academic staff development, staff and students’ mobility, the application of European standards of quality assurance, the organization of different joint events and conferences, exchange of academic publications from well-known authors, the continuous improvement of the curricula, the equipment, the teaching facilities, labs etc.
- To support IT and Projects Office of KPT, to be part of projects and programs that target development, with new approaches for the use and teaching through new technologies, policies and activities that help the development of the academic and administrative staff and students.The Office follows up the application and enforcement of projects with different national and /or international partners and donators, and continuously seeks to improve and enlarge the network of partners and donators.